Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cookie Monster

If I see a recipe of something sweet & simple and I have everything I need right there in my cupboard...oh I can't resist. That's what happened today. I was flipping through the magazine of our local supermarket and there they were, mocking me. Make me, bake me, eat me!

So yeah, that happens quite often. And yeah, I also tend to eat 'm all...even if they don't turn out as delicious as I had expected. But these on the other hand....these taste like heaven on a plate. I should have known when I started on the batter and I couldn't stop.

Ok, I will no longer keep you wondering what these beauties are made of. It's real simple. This should make about 12 to 15 cookies, depending on how much batter you have been eating...

• 150 grams of unsalted butter
• 20 grams of icing sugar
• pinch of salt
• pinch of cinnamon powder
• 30 grams of milk
• 70 grams of sugar
• 200 grams of all purpose flour

You have that in your cupboard, don't you? So what are you waiting for?

Preheat the oven at 160 degrees. Mix the butter, icing sugar, salt, cinnamon, milk and sugar to a creamy batter. Then mix the flour into the batter and fill a piping bag (make sure the opening is big enough, because it's a thick batter). Figure out the shape you want and squeeze the batter on a tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle some sugar mixed with cinnamon powder on top before baking for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

And if you want to go all fancy, you can dip half of the cookies in melted dark chocolate (wait for the cookies to cool off before dipping them in the chocolate). Obviously I couldn't do this, since chocolate never lasts longer than a day here...

Enjoy!

Thanks to 24Kitchen @ Hallo Jumbo magazine. 
(These photos are my own and my cookies look nothing like the ones in the magazine...)

No comments:

Post a Comment