Thursday, July 25, 2013

When time is on your side...

I have been working on Stoffer + Blik for about a year now. Trying to figure out what I wanted to make, what I cán make (yes there have been quite a few failed experiments), what looks & feels right and how it could all come together as one brand.

It all just calmly progressed. My 'to sell' pile became a little bigger every month, even though many things were dismissed as 'not good enough' or 'too much work'. I started thinking about the branding and designed a logo and a website. This all gradually happened without any pressure. And then all of a sudden there was time. That was all I needed to make this really happen. I needed to just start somewhere, sit down and get the complicated stuff over with. Because waiting for perfection is not getting anyone anywhere.

The last couple of months I have spent all my time setting up my Etsy shop & creating my website. I spent hours and hours on getting my postcards professionally printed, product photography, descriptions and so on. And then there is social media, newsletters and obsessively looking at your Etsy stats. That last one is a waste of time, I know. And hopefully that urge will fade over time.

But for now I can say I have worked really hard on Stoffer + Blik and I am extremely proud of it. It will need my constant attention and the road to perfection is a long one. But I'm up for it. Let's see what happens from here.

Did you start your own shop or are you thinking about it? I would love to hear about your experiences with these things.

You can read my very first newsletter here. You can subscribe if you don't want to miss any new products or the giveaway that I have been thinking about... www.stofferblik.nl

No comments:

Post a Comment