Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tea Garden

I have a small balcony that I adore in the summer (and ignore in winter). Every sunny morning you can find me with a cup of coffee on the small bench, feet up and surrounded by lots of green. It's pretty amazing how many potted plants one can fit on a balcony.



It's really nice; a lush little garden on a balcony in the middle of the city. And all that green looks even better in these colorful tea tins. They are too pretty to throw out when they're empty. These tins are from Harney & Sons. They have the most gorgeous tea tins. And their teas are nice too. But honestly, I usually pick the tea based on the tin it comes in...



Some of the plants I have bought, but most I have grown myself. I take the seeds out of veggies and let them dry before planting. By now I have quite a collection, including strawberries, blueberries, pumpkin, bell peppers, chili peppers, carrots and tomatoes. I also have lavender, roses and many herbs. As you can imagine, it's getting a bit crowded.

As long as they save me a spot on the bench it's fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment