Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Map of the World according to Illustrators and Storytellers

That title alone made me pick up this book at a small bookshop in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin.

It was a wonderful way too short citytrip I was on a few weeks ago and a big book like this wasn't going to fit in my hand luggage. But it took me no longer than 2 seconds of flipping through the colorful pages to decide I wanted this. I mean, I needed this. Seriously. And thank the universe for the internet, postal services and stuff. Short story even shorter: I have it and I love it. And I want to show you how cool this is.



I have drawn my own share of little maps and this book made me want to start drawing new ones immediately. So if you're looking for me, I'm on my couch with a big pot of tea and this book.

'A Map of the World is a compelling collection of work by a new generation of original and sought-after designers, illustrators and mapmakers [....] the featured projects from around the world range from maps and atlases inspired by classic forms of cartographic experiments and editorial illustrations.' 

A Map of the World according to Illustrators and Storytellers
Gestalten / ISBN 978-3-89955-469-4

No comments:

Post a Comment