Sunday, October 11, 2015

One of my to-do lists just got shorter

I have a list of to-do lists. And it tends to get longer instead of shorter. I just add a lot, really. I do get to cross things off and I am about to, right after I click on publish here. One of the things on my Stoffer + Blik list was 'write a blog about the new handmade book'.

I added that when I finished making that book. It was the hand bound notebook that I covered with a vintage map that I found on a flea market. I was (and am) really happy with the result and wanted to share that with you. I say was, because a few days ago I sold it. And 'sold' in handmade-unique-one-of-a-kind things means 'gone'. I miss it. Boohoo.

So I am a little too late really, because I am about to show you something that is no longer for sale and that you cannot have. Sorry.

But it's pretty all the same. So here it is anyway. I made this hand bound book, without any cover in the course I took last year in hand bookbinding, so it was laying around for a while before I actually finished it. Then I found the perfect paper to make the cover: a beautiful vintage map of the United States, with NYC as the center of the cover when I folded it around. Perfect!

Usually I would say: you can get it here! But you can't... I should have written this sooner, I know.
I am now all out of these hand bound books. I am thinking of ways to get my hands on a good paper cutter so I can make some more. I'll get back to you on that.





No comments:

Post a Comment