Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Customized Weekplanners

A while ago I sold the last chalkboard weekplanner in the shop and I promised to make a bunch of new ones. And take some photos of the process.

I started with sandpapering the wood and drawing the shapes on the board. Mask the shapes with tape and paint. It takes a couple of days, because the paint needs to dry in between stages. The first stage of the chalkboards you can see here:




Next day I added a little color, my favorite: Celadon. And again I wait...


When the board is all dry I add the lines and the letters of the week. The last thing is to glue the painted clothes pegs to the bottom.

Usually I would add a text at the top, like 'to-do-list' or 'important stuff'. But this time I decided to make them customized. So I will add the name (or other text) that you request when ordering. That means you can have your (kids) name on it and make it a cool personal gift! You see examples below in chalk, but when you order one I will paint the name in the same white paint as the lines.

I have only three of them. Get yours here!




No comments:

Post a Comment