Friday, August 30, 2013

This is home, this is me

My home is me. That is what everybody who knows me a little says when they see my home for the first time. I think they're right and I think that is why I feel so at home here. I surround myself with pretty things. Soft colors that make me happy, naturals & pastels, colors I love to wear too, things I brought home from travels that have sweet memories attached to them. Books that touched me, books that were too pretty to leave at the store. Beautiful pictures and cards I have collected and kept for years. Everything has its story.

Sometimes I forget, I don't look around anymore. After a while I take it for granted a bit. And then when someone comes to my house for the first time, or even someone who comes around a lot and says something nice about it, I suddenly look at my own home through their eyes, new eyes. And I feel proud. This is me.













No comments:

Post a Comment