Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A gift wrapping obsession

When there is a birthday or another occasion for a nicely wrapped gift, I get a little excited. And a little carried away sometimes. With stamps and everything, but hey... I think it's pretty. And I just assume, for my own convenience, that everything I like is also liked by my friends & family. They should. Or at least pretend they do and never let me find out...

So I was gift wrapping this still anonymous present for someone anonymous (he or she might be reading this too...). I usually use old paper I have laying around, because you can't really decorate ready-to-go gift wrapping paper. And I like to make it personal and handmade. It's also very eco friendly. I made colorful flag banners by carving one little flag and stamping it in different colors next to each other. It worked perfectly on this brown paper. I drew a thin line to connect the flags and voila: a banner was born.


You can see where I got the inspiration for my latest stamp. It's a flag banner. Not just one flag, but a whole row. You'll be done sooner. If you have a small ink pad, like Memento Dew Drops, you can easily give each flag a different color. Of course you can get this brand new cheerful stamp at Stoffer + Blik. As always, it's one of a kind!



No comments:

Post a Comment