Sunday, October 6, 2013

Balls & Bears

The leaves are barely turning red and I am already thinking about christmas. Last week I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about christmas cards. Designs & ideas were invading my brain, while I was trying to sleep. Going back to sleep while you are thinking 'I need to remember this is in the morning' never works.

Cursing my brain for coming up with these things in the middle of the night, I sat up and turned on the lights. I always have pen and paper next to my bed, for situations like this. No need to leave my warm bed. I started sketching. Ok, now I can go back to sleep. 

Today I finally had the time to start working on them. Still in my pajamas, with a big cup of cappuccino, I thought I might put on some Mariah Carey to get in the mood (but I didn't of course). 

Here are some sketches and first drawings of what will be my mini christmas card collection. I think. I can still screw them up.... But if everything goes well, you can find them at Stoffer + Blik in a while (before christmas! I promise!)




No comments:

Post a Comment